Saturday, January 31, 2015

Saturday

This morning I got word from Sambo that he was able to purchase tables, stools and fans for the new school already!
 


Kevin, Jill and Grace picked me up and took me to a resort just outside the city. The staff was so nice to show us some of the rooms they have available. Very cool.  Kevin brought Jill here for their anniversary once.  So, hey, Tim, one time we are both here, we may just have to take a day to rest and refresh here. It is like a little oasis where once a rice field grew. We enjoyed a relaxed and unhurried morning and early afternoon just talking, catching up and encouraging each other.  Grace was delight to have along as she sang songs, enjoyed the flowers and played Cinderella dress up on her tablet.

When I returned to my hotel, I decided to continue to have a refreshing and planning afternoon. SO I took a couple of hours to myself.  Then off I was walking through town again. I stopped in a few shops, met some people setting up for the new night market and decided to hang out in town for dinner.  I went to a new place for me and had Cambodian pumpkin curry with chicken.  Yum yum. I enjoyed getting to chat to the young ladies who worked there and another customer from Germany.

Since the restaurant is on the street, I enjoyed observing people.  Traffic really picked up that evening. Lots of motos on the streets. Funny how I am starting to see the same foreigners I saw yesterday.  Small town. As I walked down by the river, the little park there was full of people.  Many families and friends. Lots of laughter and games.  There was a group of Cambodian men who had welcomed a foreigner to play shuttle cock with them and cheering him on when he was able to knock it back to them. The I came across a place where everyone was just slowly walking around this path.  I noticed they had all taken their shoes off.  The path was stone.  They were walking around barefoot on the stone path to massage their feet.  So, why not. I kicked my shoes off and joined them. Ok, ouch was the word half way around for me.  I do not have my summer feet yet. But it was fun to just join them.
 
Children on the play ground, people exercising on outdoor equipment or just hanging out sitting along to wall. Everyone was dressed nicely and having a good time. I almost missed the three dirty children sitting away from the play ground starring out at the street. Were they waiting for a parent? Where they homeless? Or just poor? I quickly went through a mental list of what I had on me, but I had nothing. I don't speak their language so I was lost at how I could help them. I could pray though. My heart went out to them.  As I turned one last time to see them, the littlest one was laughing and smiling.  Thank you, Lord, for giving that little guy some joy! Please provide for those children tonight.

The rest of my evening was used to prepare for tomorrow at GP.

No comments:

Post a Comment