Saturday, December 28, 2013

Hey, this is val. I just wanted to share some of the experiences that I have had that really stood out to me. Going back to being in Thailand I remember when we were giving out presents to all the kids, one little boy had not been given anything. He was one of the widows grandkids and we did not know he was going to be there. As the other kids were opening their kids, he sat there, not even complaining, just watching everyone open their presents. My brother Nathan, Torrey, and I quickly searched our backpacks for something to give to him. As we were doing this we looked over at him and a little boy that was sitting beside him saw he had nothing and gave him one of his presents. This really touched my heart. I have never seen anything like that before. It made me think to how we all act back home. We think that whatever is given to us is ours, but in fact its actually God's. Everything is a gift from him and we should be willing to give it away as quickly as it was given to us.
Now, here in Cambodia we had the amazing opportunity to be the first team to see our Grace Place 2 kids. They were very shy towards us at first and didn't say much. They soon warmed up to us though and were laughing and playing around. The next day we came back and as soon as they saw us walking down the road they came running from the home shouting our names and jumping into our arms. Seeing their smiles makes my heart just melt. These kids have been through so much in such a short time and it is amazing to see how God has changed their lives. One little girl name Soku was very attached to me from the first day. The second day that we were there she was holding onto my arm and then started pulling my arm down. I thought she wanted to tell me something so I bent down to listen. As I did she kissed my cheek and whispered, I love you, into my ear. I immediately embraced her into a tight hug and told her I loved her too. Moments like these are what makes me never want to leave them. My love for these kids is beyond anything I've ever felt before. It makes me think to how God loves us from the east to the west. It is an unconditionally love that will never be taken away. These kids have been abandoned, abused, and rejected, yet they are the happiest kids I have ever seen in my life. They know what being completely alone feels like. Jesus is always there for them and gives them complete happiness. They understand this and that is what gives them the most amazing smiles ever. It is incredible to listen to the visions for what they want to do in the future. God has given them so much hope and a new life, and they want nothing more than to share it with others. Many of them have talked about sharing the word of God with their villages and helping them to walk in the light. These kids have such an impact on everyone they touch. I went into this trip with the mentality that I would be changing the lives of these kids, but in fact, they are the ones changing my life. I have so much joy and peace being here with them. I honestly have no idea how I am going to be able to say good bye to them tomorrow. Please keep our team in your prayers as we head out on Tuesday to make our long journey home, Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment