Saturday, February 7, 2015

Pizza Company Day!

The GROW kids were so full of excitement and anticipation for today as today was the first time in about a year that they were able to go for pizza.  Now that GROW has moved to the mountains, it is a 1 1/2 hour drive to the nearest pizza place. It is also pretty expensive to order pizza for 20 here. But thanks to board member, Jim Pike who picked up the tab, I was able to take the kids there today.  Two of the boys were so excite that they jumped in the back of the truck when Bee came to pick me up from my hotel this morning. They thought he was leaving for Pizza Company and didn't want to miss their ride.

So an hour and a half ride and 14 pizzas later, the kids were full of pizza and smiles! They then went to FUN PLANET, a game room in the mall were we ate, and played games.

Faa and I were going to head over to the day market for some shopping.  As we were driving through town though, we saw the sign for the flower festival that has been taking place since Christmas.  We stopped and walked around.  It was beautiful.  They had these statues dresses in different colors around the place. I put some of the pictures together below, and guess what? It tells the Gospel!
My heart was black with sin.
Then Christ's blood washed me
And made me white as snow.
Heaven rejoices!
 



Well, I have been a little under the weather these past few days. Some kind of bug.  I think Faa might have a touch of it too.  Here's my electrolyte replacement. You got to make use of what you can get a hold of! I also drank some fresh coconut juice and a mixed veggie and fruit juice sort of like a V8.
 Ok, well, we couldn't find a place to park for the day market, so we couldn't go. LOL. That was ok with me since less activity right now is best.
 
 
After dinner at the GROW home, the kids wanted to honor me and say thanks for coming by giving me the gift of song and dance. Oh so precious to me! Then the kids took turns sharing their thanks with me and prayers for our family and I did the same with them. Then it was game time with the new things I brought for them. I think the hit was "Mustache Smash". Sorry no pics of this, but I was in the thick of the game with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment