Friday, February 6, 2015

Faa Gets Hit On

Lol. After a day of shopping and meeting people, we decide to eat a late dinner before hitting the night market. Our goal was to be home by midnight. So we are standing on the street outside the Night Bazaar and see a Babylonian restaurant. Why not?! So this place sits above the street on the second floor is pretty cool. The Iraqi owner greets us and immediately begins hitting on Faa. "Welcome, you are so beautiful." He is speaking in both Thai and English. He's probably old enough to be her dad.  He sits us at a booth and asks Faa if she is married or has a boyfriend.  Faa says, "No. But I have children.". This, she has found, is usually a deterrent to unwanted male attention. But not to this guy. "Oh, I understand.  It's ok."

Well, dinner was amazing and it refueled us for more shopping for GROW. At the end of the meal, I left the table for the restroom.  The owner came back over to Faa and asked her for her cell phone number.  Faa told him he had to ask her father and her mother. "Oh really, I have to ask your parents?" She said, "Yes, if you can find them, you can ask them." He was in agreement with this plan until Faa said, "my mother and my father are in heaven." "What? Are you crazy?" he asked. "No. If you can find them, you can ask them."  That pretty much put an end to that!

Did I mention though that the food was amazing! Faa said she would go back thereto eat, but never by herself. I think the owner agreed to feed all 13 of her children. LOL

Well, I was a little under the weather during the day.  There's some stuff going around here. Flu like stuff.  But I am drinking lots of water and doubling up on vitamins. Little sleep and its of activity doesn't help much to fight off bugs though Pray for me.  This morning, Friday here, I am still not feeling  great, but heading out soon for more meetings and shopping then up to WPP.

Sorry, I am still having problems getting pics on here.

1 comment: