Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Well, Bria and I are getting ready for our second day in Thailand. Yesterday all worked out.  Our transportation for Tuesday kept changing and becoming unavailable. I really just put it into the Lord's hands because we were on our way before we knew the final plans. Just the way God likes it sometimes. When we were ready to leave on Tuesday for our day, we actually had two forms of transportation. God does have a sense of humor. He was telling us, "No worries, I've got this. And just to prove I am able, I am sending you double your needs."

SO we went into town and met up with the Millers. It was great their whole family came shopping with us and for lunch.  Becca and Brenden are missionaries with Partners here in Thailand.  Brenden grew up in our church. They have been here less than a year. It was fun to catch up with them on this side of the planet and spend a little time with them.
We shopped at one of my favorite places, the Hmong Market. I find a lot of beautiful bags and backpacks made in the traditional Hmong Hill Trade fashion.  They are beautiful. I will have them for sale when I return.  All profit goes to G.R.O.W. to rescue more kids!
After lunch, the Millers had to leave, so Tutu's son, Daniel, met up with us to take us to Baan Tawaii, another market. This is where I like to buy some of the wooden things.

When Bria and were back at Daniel and Nan's house, we began sorting and organizing what we purchased. We spent hours trying to match up items with the receipt that is in Thai. Needless to say, we weren't completely successful at this and decided to sleep on it. Maybe Faa can help us when she arrives.

Daniel and Nan took us to a great place to eat where everything is organic and actually grown right there at the restaurant. We finished our amazing meal with coconut cream pie. If you've never had the opportunity to have a fresh coconut from the tree, you have no idea what I am talking about.  This was the most amazing pie! there was a layer of fresh coconut meat  that just completed the dessert! Bria and I savored every morsel!

Today we head out with Faa to do more shopping. I am trying to make breakfast for us.  I bought unsliced bacon by mistake on the way from the airport. do you have any idea how difficult it is to slice bacon? Well, I just tasked Bria with frying the eggs for me this morning!

Anyway, It's been fun to have Bria along and see her first time eyes. It's easy to forget that fresh perspective. She's been great.

Well, Tim is waiting to Skpye, so I will go for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment