Friday, June 6, 2014

We arrived safely and enjoyed a wonderful night's sleep at Pastor Mike's.  In the morning though we had bad news.  Pastor Mike's daughter-in-law was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer.  Mike's wife, Debbie, just arrived in the USA yesterday.  Please pray for Jodi, her husband and two young children as God takes them through this. I know Mike would appreciate it.

After breakfast at Tutu's, we grabbed what we needed for the trip to WPP and headed that way. It is pretty hot here, but in the mountains there has been rain which cools things off. So the rain was welcomed except for the fact that our suitcase was in the back of the truck. You can imagine.

We met up with Faa, checked into our hotel, a new place called FullHouse, then headed to the GROW farm.  To think that three years ago our family stood on this property and prayed that God would save it for GROW if this was where He wanted us, and to now see two completed buildings and almost completed was AMAZING!

We had time for a tour of the buildings, some snacks and a quick nap before the kids came home.  We spent only a few minutes with the GROW children before Tutu's sister, Pon, picked us up and took us to Grace Place. We spent the rest of the afternoon and evening with our kids and staff there. Of course everyone was so excited to see Zac! As we went over schedules, I quickly learned that I am preaching on Sunday and Zac is to give his testimony.  Please pray about that.  I am sure Faa will have me say a few words at the small dedication I learned we are having today at GROW.  Flexibility!!!

We have a new couple at GP.  Joy, the wife, speaks some English. She is delightful.  After Zac and I ate over by the boys house, I went back over to the girls house where I was invited by the staff to join them for more food.  They wanted me to try the different things they had prepared.  SO I did. I think this was one of the most relaxed, enjoyable time I have had with our staff here. Just hanging together and fellowshipping. 

Ning got her VISA! She will Faa will be coming to the US for national conference.  Ning will then stay with us so I can help her learn English until October.

No comments:

Post a Comment